Help with pronunciation: forvo.com

Hello, Access News community members!
If it helps to suggest, there’s a really interesting site for help with pronunciation: forvo.com

It’s a pronunciation dictionary that you can use to listen to words that are pronounced by various contributors from all over the world. It’s also great for learning new languages (See “Guides” tab).

If you register/create an account, you can also:
– upload your own recordings of words/phrases
– request pronunciations
– follow discussions in the Forvo community

Cheers!

2 Likes

This is great, thank you so much! I’m an avid reader (and also not a native speaker) so I’m always worried about pronunciation:) Thanks again!

My pleasure… I hope you like it. I refer to Forvo for foreign words, or even when I want to hear some different English accents (since we can enjoy the sound of the many Englishes that are out there! :slight_smile: ) I’ve recently signed up as a contributor in order to learn more about the platform itself. I also recommend it to my students, and sometimes we refer to it during a lesson, which generates good discussion.

As for your English – Based on what I’ve noticed during our correspondence, you do a terrific job with writing :clap: , so your fondness for reading is sure to add to your repertoire. :slightly_smiling_face:

best,
Lisa

1 Like